A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunny weekend on the West Coast

It took a while before we had any preview of spring, but this weekend was simply beautiful. A bit windy and cool on Saturday, but today was amazing. I went for a long run this morning, 16km, it felt great, I paced myself nicely and tried my new inhaler. I can't say I saw any major difference, if only for the fact that I had this funny taste in my mouth (bitter, like medication ;)).

I had a pleasant weekend. On Saturday, I went to get a hair cut and highlights, just in time for the sunny days. Then, I did a bit of shopping because gorgeous hair deserves a nice outfit. I bought a skirt, a tank top, and a 3/4 top that ties in the front. I also bought a pair of white sandals with interchangeable flowers on them. You can pick the flower to match your outfit, how neat is that? And they are really comfy. Then, I had a nap, I was tired after going to bed late on Friday (I had dinner and watched a movie with my friend Craig). I needed to be rested to go out later.

Saturday night, Lara and I ate dinner at Bridges on Granville Island, yummy food and a beautiful view of the waterfront. Raf gave us a call and asked if we were doing anything later. We told him to meet us for drinks at Sandbar, also on Granville Island. At Sandbar, we had a blast watching the cougars hound the young men in the place (cougars are older women hanging around in bars, not dressing up their age, and hunting for young men). Needless to say that a few of the predators had their eyes on Raf, he's such a cutie. Then, whenever the DJ was playing half decent music (which was not often, unfortunately), we started dancing, sometimes even salsa dancing on music that wasn't salsa at all. Raf took several pictures of the evening, they should be on his blog sometime tomorrow.

Today, well, there was running. Then, a call to bro and sis, to catch up on the latest news. Then, I did a bit of cleaning at home, my place was such a mess, and also cleaned my balcony. The white banister was more green than white and needed a good wash. The flower boxes had more brown than green, I took out all the dead plants and will buy new plants for the summer next weekend. I also called mom, because today is mother's day :-) Wish I could be at dinner with the family, that's for sure...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger YaletownYuppie said…

    here are the pics from saturday night: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rafers/sets/72057594135563059/

    thanks to Mel and Lara for saving me from cougar mauling

     

Post a Comment

<< Home