A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Is it Friday? It should be Friday!

I can't believe how busy I've been lately. Good busy, once again, but busy nonetheless. I just came back from two hours of salsa, the first hour being the lesson and the second, the practice session. Raf and I had fun, we tried different combinations, different movement sequences (well, he tried, 'cause I just try to keep up and follow properly). We're going to continue the classes into level 3, where things get serious and they teach you really interesting moves.

Last night, I went to the opera with my colleague Soraiya, to see Faust. It was great, a bit morbid but then again Faust is no comedy. Good thing for the dialog showing up in English on top of the stage, because I couldn't follow the story just by listening to the singers, even if the original dialog was in French. Well, some did pronounce a bit better than others :-)

And to top it all, I'm back on a pretty busy running schedule, in preparation for the half marathon on June 25. I kept up the running after the half in February, but not at the intensity I need to prepare for a race. Which is normal. But now, time is not on my side and two months is just enough to prepare and build up to the 21km distance once again.

Combine consistently busy days at work with busy evenings with more workouts and you get one tired Melissa. Where's my bed?

Especially tonight... I was up early this morning to do my fit test. After ten sessions with the personal trainer, it was time to see some results. I'm pretty happy with the progression. I lost 3% of body fat mass and gained quite a bit in lean mass (muscle). My chest, back and legs are all stronger. I'm not smaller or lighter, but I do feel that my resistance has increased. The training sessions were a good investment. I'm not going to sign up for another ten, but I will sign up for bootcamp sessions at lunch time. Bootcamp is a good full-body workout that keeps your cardio pumping for an hour. I know I wouldn't push myself that hard, so having someone push for me will help keep the pressure on my workouts.

OK, off to bed now. Mmmm... bed...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home