A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

(Somewhat...) working out again

During my fight with a nasty cough, I was obviously not feverish enough to work out at the gym or go for runs. I can't imagine how the heavy breathing would have helped my irritated throat.

This week, I started exercising again... somewhat. It feels like I've lost 50% of my strength and cardio in the past two weeks. I know it won't take very long to feel right again, but this has been a very frustrating experience. I worked out with Jenika this morning and she had to cut short several of the exercises she had planned. She was good about it though, very patient and encouraging.

So, I'll have to see about my short-term goal of running 10km in less than one hour. The Sun Run is in one month, let's see how things are progressing. I still plan to run it, but it might not be my personal best after all.

See below a picture taken at a healthier time: Jen, our clinic leader, sent me this picture from the half marathon in February. I remember that stretch, it was pretty cold and windy, might explain why I'm not looking so happy!


First half marathon - running along the seawall Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home