A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Here's to hopin'

Cotridin cough syrup is what this stuff is called and I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) that this will be my salvation. Until today, I remain sleepless in Vancouver, well, sleep-deprived is more like it. The coughing gets so bad that I've turned on the lights at 2 in the morning, sat in bed and started reading. I knew I wasn't going to fall back asleep immediately. Good news is this is still only a cough, nothing's moving down into the lungs and causing more unpleasantness.

Fred, I followed up on your recommendation, but Tylenol+codeine is not sold without a prescription in BC. You can get over-the-counter products with codeine, but they also include caffeine, which, well, would defeat the purpose.

Did you hear about the ferry that sank this morning? That's scary stuff. Anyone living along the coast or on any of the many islands must be pretty shaken by this story. People rely on the ferries to go places in this province, they are part of our day-to-day transportation system. Problem is, many of the ferries are really old, many should probably be retired by now. Last fall, one ferry had engine trouble when approaching the dock at Horseshoe Bay and smashed into an adjoining marina, destroying over 20 boats. Nobody was hurt, but that was pure luck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home