A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Small, small world...

Sometimes you find out that you have things in common with complete strangers and think "what a small world!" Last night, that world became even smaller for me...

I had dinner with Libby and Dan, two friends I met through Dina and Stephen (we were virtually introduced by way of e-mail and blogs). They also invited Greg and Laura, two ex-Montrealers also living in Vancouver.

So, we did the usual introductions, and then started asking questions. They asked where I lived in Montreal? NDG. Really? Where in NDG? In a building at the corner of Monkland and Grand Boulevard. Really? The old building where the super's name was Mike? Yes, that building, I was living there on the first floor, from 2001 to late 2002, until I moved to Vancouver. Well, Greg and Laura lived in the same building, on the second floor, between 2000 and 2003! We only needed to move 4000 km away to meet...

And we continued with dinner. Greek restaurants are all over the place in Montreal, and really good ones too, so Dan and Libby had crafted a meal around that theme. Great conversation, we talk about Montreal and Vancouver, politics, George Bush ;) We laugh a lot...

Then comes dessert, a lemon tart I brought that made quite the impression (I'll take the credit only for finding the right place to buy lemon tart in Vancouver, La Baguette et l'Échalotte). As the conversation is moving through a variety of topics, we start talking about salsa. Greg and Laura are starting a course at the Law Courts soon. Level 2 on Fridays? Yes. With Graham, the one who teaches the large level 1 class on Wednesdays? Yes. Well, that's the salsa class I was planning to join at the end of the month. And this means Greg and Laura were taking the same class my friend Rafael was taking on Wednesdays. And they will be in my salsa class :-)

Indeed, very small world...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home