A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Recent readings

I haven't kept up with my resolution of one book per week, but I haven't stopped reading entirely. Some books just take more than one week, not solely because of size, but more often because of the lack of free time.

Your Successful Project Management Career, from Ron Cagle. Not a book about project management, but about where to look for advice and information on project management. Lots of references to other books, to professional associations, to certification exams and university programs. The book also matches the various levels of responsibility in project management with the skills required. A gateway to additional reading on the subject.

Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage, from Alice Munro. This was another lovely collection of short stories by Munro, stories where the mainly female protagonists are always captivating.

Who Moved My Cheese, from Spencer Johnson. A book about managing change that made me figure out I probably do a pretty good job of it already. Since I moved to Vancouver, my life has been all about change, change of city and province, change of friends, change of jobs, change of relationships... I found the book very simplistic and naive, nothing I would recommend. I should have known, it was a best-selling "business" title for a while. That should tell me everything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home