A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Extra mile

Today, I received an extra mile from my big boss (I have two bosses, the one to which I report directly and his boss, or the big boss, and I work with both regularly). An extra mile is an internal recognition for employees who have worked beyond their expected duties, who have "gone the extra mile." The big boss was recognizing my work as a project manager for the release we successfully shipped today (on target). I'm really happy about this, it means a lot to me. I hope to move to project management in the future, and getting some real-life experience is worth gold.

The extra mile also comes with a US$50 certificate that I am free to use as I wish. Cool.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go lady!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home