A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, January 15, 2006

At last there was sun

Vancouver was well on its way to breaking a record dating back from 1953 for the longest continuous number of days registering significant rainfall. I think the record was 28 days and if it had kept on raining until tomorrow, we would hit 29 days. But yesterday and today were partly sunny. Today's been dry. Record avoided (thank goodness).

I spent Saturday cleaning up my place, doing laundry, taking the recycling out, ladida... I had been kinda lazy in the past few weeks and the sun suddenly revealed all kinds of dusty furniture and spotted floors. It feels good to have these chores under wrap. I also made a large pot of soup (root veggies, tomatoes and lentils), perfect for when it starts raining again ;)

Today, I ran 12km (18km is actually next week's run), which wasn't all that easy because the course called for several hills. I don't mind running up, but running down hurts my knees. Then, after lunch, I visited the central branch of the Vancouver Public Library and borrowed two novels and one non-fiction book on financing. On my way back, I stopped by Best Buy to get myself a new cell phone. I bought a Motorazr V3 and signed up for a package with Fido. I was tired of so-so service and signal from Telus and my old phone was so big, I never took it anywhere (this beats the purpose of a cell phone, no?). The V3 is small, yet the interface is easy to use. It also has a camera, they all do these days.

Now, I'm fighting hard to NOT take a nap and instead, do some grocery shopping. If I nap, it takes a long time for me to fall asleep in the evening. But it would feel so good :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home