A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Little to report back about this weekend

It was a homebound and quiet weekend here in rainy (really rainy) Vancouver. Didn't go out, did a bit of reading, ran twice, Saturday morning at the gym (6 km) and this morning outside (16 km). I was planning to go to the library yesterday afternoon but it was coming down so hard I suddenly had an urge to stay on my sofa, in my pajama. I read Runner's World instead. My colleague Stephen buys a copy now and then and lends it to me when he's done. I enjoy their articles, I think we'll subscribe to the magazine for a year and split the cost.

This afternoon, I had the pleasure of helping Geri log some hours for her Thai massage practicum (that's what friends are for). I was really surprised by the outcome, I'm usually not a big fan of massages, but the Thai massage includes a lot of stretching and she focused on my legs, which felt wonderful after this morning's run. I was really sore before the massage and the soreness went away. It must also be the level of comfort I have with the practitioner. It's much more relaxing to get a message from a friend than from a complete stranger.

Tonight, I'll do a bit of cooking for the week, some laundry, then watch Mondovino, a movie about the wine industry and wine families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home