A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Only 12 days 'till Christmas

And not a single present bought... I'm pulling a last-minute stunt this year, everything has to be done on Saturday. Let's see how well this goes.

Life after accounting is very pleasant, but just as busy. Last weekend, I was out every evening and spent very little time at home. On Friday night, I had dinner with Lara and Charles and then we watched Mr & Mrs Smith. The movie was terrible, the company, wonderful. Then, on Saturday morning, I went to Rackets & Runners to check out their running shoes. I bought a pair of Mizuno and then immediately went to try them at the gym. Fortunately, this pair was perfect, it felt comfortable from the very beginning. That's one thing settled. Then, I went to get a hair cut and finally had dinner with friends in an Italian restaurant on Commercial Drive (my old 'hood).

I didn't go to bed late on Saturday because I was set to run 14km Sunday morning. No snow this time, Sunday was part sunny, part foggy. 14km wasn't so bad, let's see how 16km feels this Sunday. After the run, I came back home to shower and change, had lunch and went to pick up the rental car. I was having dinner at Lindsay's place in Anmore and needed some wheels to make the trip. I also took advantage of the car to do some grocery shopping and buy lots of cans. When I walk to the grocery store, I typically try to avoid anything really heavy.

I drove to Anmore just in time to see the sun come down (around 4:30 p.m., how sad), I played with the new dog and with the old one, we had a wonderful dinner prepared by Sarah, who is staying with Lindsay's family this year, had a chance to chat with Lindsay about everything and nothing (and some about technical writing and writers we both know), then drove back to Vancouver. It was already Sunday night.

One good thing about not having any homework is that I've been religiously attending my group runs and also going for additional runs on my own. I'm keeping up with the program, which gives me a lot of confidence for the half-marathon race in February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home