A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Lend your PC to research

You can help science progress in the fight against AIDS and decipher the human proteome by allowing the World Community Grid project to "borrow" your idle computer time:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

It's an interesting idea, but I wonder about any side-effects of running this software. I also always turn my computer off before going to bed, so I don't know how much idle time they would get from me.

I remember, years ago, Kevin used to run a similar application as a screen saver, except it was analyzing signals received from space in an effort to intercept alien communication... Dear Kevin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home