A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Best time so far

for a 10k race, that is... Based on my watch, I'm clocking 1:04:something in the Fall Classic, which is 2 minutes faster than last year. I'm hoping that by the Sun Run and after running the 1/2 marathon, I'm actually running 10k under an hour. The official times will be published by tomorrow...

I however ran really low on energy for the rest of the day. I hadn't slept well (I blame the disgusting rice pasta) and crashed on the sofa for a nap after lunch. I barely had enough juice to get some grocery shopping done. Fortunately, the basic need for food is a strong motivator.

We did not see the sun in Vancouver, it was really foggy again. Oh well, I'm sure the sun will come out tomorrow, when we're back at work ;)

I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks. In addition to all the studying I have to do to prepare for my final exam, I also have to work with the Strata Council to find another property manager. Our manager is quitting the company, and we also learned that the property management company was bought by another company in Calgary. Just the best time of the year to interview someone to take care of our building... If we wait too long, it will be Christmas and then we'll have to wait for January. During the rainy season, it's not a good thing to be without a property manager, there are always little things that pop up here and there and require attention. Blast!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bravo, Melissa! Am very impressed. Dan & I had a great time too, and are determined to keep this running thing up. I actually found the fog incredible. I loved the mist. Hope the next few weeks aren't TOO crazy -- at least you are in the home stretch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home