A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, November 13, 2005

I miss reading!

For pleasure, that is... I've been reading plenty about accounting and financial statements and cost management, but I miss reading a good story. Cases don't count as stories.

I had started reading Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen, a gift from Gail for my birthday, but I've been going through the book so slowly (because I never get time to actually read) that every time I return to the book, I'm confused about the story. I also have a nice hardcover edition of The Love of a Good Woman by Alice Munro, picked up at the Book Warehouse for $10 and it's driving me nuts not to be able to start it!

Patience, my precious, patience :-) After December 7, date of my final accounting exam, I'll have plenty of time to read (hopefully...).

Nothing to report on the weekend front. The entire long weekend (because we have November 11 off in B.C.) was a mixture of drizzle, downpour, showers, and lots and lots of clouds. I saw the sun for 20 minutes this morning, while I was running with the clinic. I can imagine that all this rain means lots of snow. I'm hoping to find a couple of buddies who would be interested in some snowshoeing. I don't think I'll be going back on the snowboard afterall. Last time I was out, I ended up with a concussion, I'm pretty sure (even if I had a helmet). It's not for me, I prefer to keep body parts intact and functional. I had dinner with Lara and Charles this weekend and we talked about renting a condo in Whistler with a big group, maybe sometime in the Spring. I guess I could go back to skiing, I wasn't so bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home