A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I just can't do it

I cannot wake up at 6:45 on a Sunday morning to meet crazy people who intend on making running painful.

Last night, as I was setting my alarm, I asked myself: why am I doing this? OK, I have my goal of the half-marathon and I enjoy the feeling of keeping fit, but it doesn't have to be so hard. I guess the running sessions are designed with parents in mind, you know, people who have their hands full 24/7 and have to be efficient. That's not me. If I want to sleep in Sunday morning, I should be able to. After all, I work hard during the week, I study in the evening and train regularly. I should be allowed to enjoy my weekend.

So, I decided to pass on Sunday morning runs. And maybe even Wednesday, since they start at 6 p.m. and I can barely make it at the store by 6:15 if I rush home from work. Again, what's with the insane schedule, don't people work?

Today, I still kept on top of my running schedule though... even if I didn't manage to wake up in the wee hours of the morning :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally hear you. I am training for the half-marathon in February, too (although just doing the 5K at UBC in November) and cannot be bound by the Running Room's schedule! I like the idea of it, but the whole point of running is to have a *flexible* schedule!! Good luck with your training.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Thanks Libby. By the way, if you are the Libby I think you are, welcome to Vancouver! Dina told me you guys moved here from San Francisco.

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you Melissa! You have to have some perspective, although maybe a lot of runners are also very early risers. I'm so glad that you enjoyed Alice Munro - I'm jealous!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks! I am *that* Libby. We should definitely introduce ourselves on November 20. We'll probably go feasting with other pals doing the race, and you are totally welcome to come, too.

    (Great blog, btw.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home