A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Anyone with good turkey recipes?

I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner next Saturday. And I've never cooked a turkey in my life :-) Hurray for experimenting!

Tucker and I normally have Thanksgiving dinner at Jenn & Den's place, but these guys are out of town next weekend. I figured, well, why can't we host our own dinner? I called Lara and Charles, and Gerri, and we now have a good crowd coming over to celebrate fall, friendships, and our fortunate lives. The dinner was originally scheduled for Sunday, but Gerri leaves town Sunday for her last train trip (she's a hostess on board Rocky Mountaineer Train Tours, traveling between Vancouver, the Okanagan, and the Rockies).

So, I reserved my grain-fed, non-medicated 14-pound turkey at Granville Island market, and have already planned the meal with some helpful tips from Tucker. I need to buy a turkey pan and a couple of other turkey-cooking accessories. And I need to find a simple, yet yummy, turkey recipe. Any ideas?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    Check out www.turkeyhelp.com. They're run by America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Illustrated Magazine.

    They got me through Christmas dinner, and I'm going to use them again for Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Thanks Steve! I had a look around the site, looks good, and I like their philosophy of not cooking stuffing inside the bird. I'm going to try to keep things simple for the first attempt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home