A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Life is (sorta) returning to normal

It was a busy week and I couldn't wait for the weekend to start. Fortunately, we didn't have any plans besides Sunday brunch, so there was lots of time to recuperate. See, I'm still a bit tired after all that walking and my legs still hurt a bit. I guess it just takes time, but I wish I could get back to my old self. Patience.

Yeah, busy week. Had training at work every morning from 8-11. Was also feeding my neighbour's cats (twice a day, they eat raw meat), which meant getting up early and long days. This week should be a bit more relax, although I have lots of reading to do. I'm taking two accounting courses this Fall (one after the other). These are catch-up business courses I have to take because I don't have an undergrad in business. I was accepted in the MBA program at SFU (Management of Technology), but I won't start until September 2006. This gives me time to complete the catch-up courses and put some money aside for the hefty tuition ;) I was hoping to start in January, but it would have been a bit crazy. I'm still learning about my new job, and I would have had three catch-up courses to complete in one semester... Not a good idea.

When Annie was over, We walked by a garage sale and I found a cool CCM 10-speed bike for $60. Today, I brought the bike to a shop for a tune-up and some splash guards. It should be ready by Tuesday. I also found really cool pannier bags that I can use on short trips around the city. I already have a lock, so I should be ready to take off and explore the city on wheels. Too bad it's Fall and will rain soon, but that's OK. There are always nice days to take the bike out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home