A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, September 19, 2005

That's gonna hurt!

I'm looking ahead at a big week, again ;) Work and school means that any extras are taking whatever little free time there is left.

Tucker is moving to a larger apartment, one that does not require him to sleep in his living room and where the bedroom window doesn't open on West 12th/Oak, a traffic filled intersection that is also an emergency response route. Obviously, I'm going to give him a hand. We're starting the move on Thursday night, some more on Friday and by Saturday, he has to be out of his place. Fortunately, the new apartment is in the same building. Unfortunately, it's two floors up and there's no elevator.

Then, on Wednesday, I'm going to pretend it's Halloween while all my neighbors drop by to collect keys and remotes for the garage. Our recycling company had their office broken into and all their keys and garage clickers have gone missing. Since they service entire neighborhoods, I'm also assuming that these keys/remotes had addresses attached to them. So, we're having all the locks to the garage replaced Thursday and obviously, people need the new key. Since we're asking everyone to line up for key distribution, the property management company thought it would also be a good idea to distribute the new remotes we're getting for the garage. These are safer models (they have a programmed PIN number) that we will be using with the new door going in next week. Why I ended up with the distribution is still a mystery. It's just happened that way.

And... Tucker was offered some free hockey tickets for the Canucks game next Saturday. They're playing against the Mighty Ducks, I think.

Yes, it's gonna hurt. Add to this the regular regimen of work (we're releasing next week), homework (assignment due every Sunday), workouts (hopefully twice per week) and I think I'll sleep in all day Sunday.

Cool thing though, I'm looking after one of my neighbor's condo while she is away in China and the Vancouver Sun didn't seem to get the message about her canceling her newspaper delivery while she was away. I get two weeks of reading the paper in the morning, the luxury :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home