A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tips for training and motivation

I started getting back into my running routine, with the hopes of running my first 1/2 marathon in February. However, with the winter coming up and no too much motivation to go out running when it's rainy and dark, I decided to sign up for a clinic at The Running Room. These clinics are quite popular (we have 35 people signed up in the 1/2 marathon clinic) and they help with things such as proper increases in run lengths, nutrition, safety and preventing injury... They also help with a little kick in the but to get you out there running three times per week. There's a clinic every Tuesday (half theory, half short run), a short technical run on Wednesdays (hill training, speed training) and a long run on Sundays.

With all this running, I realized that I will need extra gear if I don't want to do laundry every night :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home