A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Not so lucky

At least, when it comes to gambling!

I was invited to the Hastings race track today, first time ever to the horse races. It takes a little while to understand how the bets work (there are all kinds of combinations you can bet on), but I tried my luck for seven of the ten races. Well, I can tell you right now, I have no luck. Not when it comes to gambling, anyways. Seven races, not one dollar won. I didn't bet a lot, I came with $20 to spend (I know, I know... big spender) and I left with $20 less in my pocket. I didn't actually expect to win anything, but it would have been nice to win one time at least. 0 in 7 is a bit hard on the morale, not very encouraging that's for sure.

At least, you are allowed to walk down to track level and you can watch these beautiful animals run. That was very impressive, they run so close to each other, you can feel the rumble when the pack goes by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home