A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Alice Munro and shopping

This was not a bad Saturday.

I started the day at the Vancouver International Writers and Readers Festival, on Granville Island. I had bought a ticket to listen to a talk with Alice Munro. It was delightful, personal, and filled with honest laughter. She's quite the character.

Then, I hopped on the bus going downtown. I had some shopping to do and wanted to hit the big retail stores. I found a couple of things I was looking for, headed back home for lunch, then out again to shop on Granville Street. I found some new shoes, jeans and a shirt. I need new clothes, my wardrobe is a bit depressing.

I'm spending a quiet evening at home. I have a virtual meeting (chat) with my accounting team to work on our assignment for tomorrow. Then, I might watch a few episodes of Desperate Housewives and go to bed early. I have my long run tomorrow morning (7 km) and if I want to meet the running group, I have to be at the Running Room store at 8:30 a.m. Yikes!

I signed up for the Fall Classic again this year. It's on November 20. This will be good for my training, a nice fall 10km race. I ran this race last year and I sure hope they improved the end of the course. There was a short but very steep hill at the very end that just killed me. I was so out of breath I had to walk for a minute before running to the finish line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home