A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Pea soup

You know that expression, the fog is rolling in? If you were in Vancouver today, you would know exactly what it is all about. It will clear by tomorrow afternoon... not in time for the Fall Classic. At least, it's not raining. 94% humidity is also good for your lungs, no?

Today was an uneventful day. I returned a new pair of running shoes I bought last week, after testing them in the gym. Not a good fit. I dropped by Future Shop to buy some CDs, the new Madonna (how can a girl resist?), Hot Fuss by The Killers, and an album from Arcade Fire. Good music all around.

Then, I voted for the new mayor of Vancouver (and councilors, park board members, and school trustees), I should check who won... I also picked up my race package (timing chip and bib numbers) and some extra carbs for dinner tonight (banana loaf and a peach/almond tart). I then watched a few episodes of the O.C., did some cleaning... Basically, a pretty boring way to spend a Saturday.

For my pre-race meal, I cooked some pasta, but tried rice pasta for the very first time and highly recommend... AGAINST it. Yuk, the noodles feel slimy and chewy, not a good combination, even when covered with sauce and parmesan. Thank goodness for the tart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home