A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy new resolutions!

It is true that a new year encourages us to look behind and learn from our past experiences, then look forward to more challenges and dealings. I've made some resolutions for 2006 and there is no better way to stick to these than having them displayed for everyone to read on this blog. No cheating :-)

1. Dress for success
I don't know if this is a side-effect of the laid-back West Coast lifestyle, but I've been going to work like every day is jeans day. In high-tech, it's easy to do, R&D staff is never known for power suits and ties. However, I feel it is important for me to dress not for the position I hold today, but for the position I could hold tomorrow. The trip to Montreal was a step in the right direction, I went shopping for shirts and dressed pants with mom and Annie.

2. Make running a part of my life
This is also something I've started in 2005, but I need to continue with my efforts to step out regularly and add kilometers to my shoe log. Being fit makes me feel confident and strong, and forces me to make healthy choices.

3. Nurture my relationships with family and friends
How easily we forget about the people who care most about us when going through busy times. I should call my family more often or send them regular e-mails. I should take the time to phone friends and go out with them.

4. Do one thing I have never done before
Stepping into the unknown is always a little tough, but there is no greater experience than trying something for the first time. Maybe a new sport, a course, a trip... Choices are endless.

5. Read one book per week
One fiction, then one non-fiction. Reading is such a rewarding experience. I work only a few minutes away from the largest Vancouver Public Library branch and I haven't even visited the place yet. I remember the pleasure of going to the public library in Montreal every now and then. NDG had a small but well-stocked library where I enjoyed spending an hour choosing books for the upcoming weeks.

Happy New Year everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home