A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Routine setting back in

I think I can take a liking to my "dressing for success" resolution. I was told twice this week that I looked nice (never happened before) and was even complimented on my earrings. If that doesn't make you walk around with your head high, I don't know what does. I have to admit though, there is a bit more preparation involved, but I took some sage advice from my brother and select my outfit the night before. If any ironing needs to be done, it's not in a rush and while eating my cereal.

Tonight, I ran up (and walked down) a 500m hill seven times! Yes, on purpose... Hill training is part of the half-marathon clinic. I wasn't sure I was going to make it to seven, as my last hill session only involved going up four times (I missed a couple of sessions over the holidays). But the beauty of attending a clinic is that others are there to encourage you (and they also skipped a few sessions, so everyone's encouraging everyone). I'm happy to be back on the training schedule, I don't think I fell behind much during Christmas. Sometimes, it's also good to take a short break, let your body adapt and recover. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your outfit is one of the first impression you leave on people. Dressing well is not superficial, it's taking time to project the best of yourself.

    Did I mention you also feel good!

    Marc-Antoine

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    After almost one week of dressing well, I can totally feel the difference. I guess I can always learn a lot from my little brother (thanks for the tip about ironing shirts inside out, by the way, that's also a lot easier).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home