A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm here, I'm here...

I just realized it's been a week since my last update. We've been busy at work and I've had plans for the last three nights, so this didn't leave me much time for anything.

The weekend started with a new tradition Lara, Gerri and I have started: Girl's Night Out. No boys allowed, we pick a restaurant we'd like to try and spent an evening together, chatting and laughing. We went to Hapa Isakaya, a Japanese restaurant on Robson. The food was fabulous, as was the place. Unfortunately, it was probably too rich (and we ate quite a bit), so I felt a little bit nauseous all night. I didn't really sleep much. I'll know next time to enjoy but eat sparingly.

On Saturday, Vancouver woke up to a beautiful, sunny and warm day. Everyone was out enjoying the day. Some flowers are timidly breaking the ground, some of the Rhodos, maybe a bit confused, are also blossoming. Lovely. I did some shopping, again on Robson. Lots of places had sales, and I picked up a few clothing items for quite the deal. I went back home, had a nap, then made dinner and prepared for the evening. I was invited to my friend Jeff's birthday party (Jeff used to live in my building, but he moved six months ago). He now owns a place in Gastown, a real bachelor pad that he renovated splendidly. The party was packed, very loud, and quite fun. I'm surprised nobody called the cops.

I didn't go home very late, my throat was a bit sore and I wanted to avoid getting sick.

This morning, I slept in a bit. This is the first Sunday I get to do this in a while (well, except for the plumbing-problem evening), our run for the day was only 6km, I thought I would run it later, by myself. This week is about tapering off, not going too hard on the runs, to let the body recuperate for the big race next weekend. Yes, February 19 is in a week! It's both exciting to finally approach this date, and scary.

I bought a heartrate monitor using a coupon from the clinic, and tried it on my run in the afternoon. I actually ran with it for 5 minutes until I had to shut it down, it kept on beeping madly at me. I probably didn't set up the target rates properly, so it had my 85% rate set to 161, which is too low. I guess I'll have to read the manual :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home