A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Homebound

Or at least that's where I wish I could stay these days...

Today, I took a cab back from work. I was stepping out of the building, ready to head for the corner of Beatty and Smithe when a colleague stopped me and said "I wouldn't get close to the street corner if I were you." I then turned around to see people bravely approaching the intersection only to suddenly have to use their entire body weight not to pull a Mary Poppins. High winds are OK, but when you have to maneuver an umbrella, a gym bag, jump over the large puddles and not get hit by a car, having the additional variable of wind direction and intensity makes it just plain unpleasant. I smiled at Craig, my colleague, asked how he was planning to get home, and when he said a taxi, I offered to split the fee. He lives a few streets away from me.

Vancouver broke a few records this January, including most days of rain (29 out of 31) and probably total rainfall (281mm). You think people's complexion are greenish here because of the lack of exposure to sunlight? Wrong. It's mold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home