A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, February 05, 2006

From one extreme to the other

OK, I will only write a few words about the weather because I won't let it take over this posting, but the weekend could not have called for two more opposite conditions. Saturday was miserable, very windy and rainy, which means the rain travels sideways and carrying an umbrella is just plain silly. Today, oh well, the sun was out for the entire day, with just a few clouds in the sky. Marvelous.

So, it's Sunday night and I have no idea where the weekend went. Yesterday, the miserable day, I went to an information session for The Weekend to End Breast Cancer with my colleague Sarah. She works in the training department. Sarah is walking the 60km with me this year, how exciting! Haven't heard from me about all the fundraising I have to do? No worries, it's coming! I wanted to give everyone a break after Christmas and start firing out e-mails in February. After the information session, we went for lunch in Kitsilano. It was fun getting to know Sarah a bit more outside of work. We get along pretty well.

Then, in the afternoon, I had a baby shower for my friend Justin and his wife Patty. Patty is due March 7, pretty soon, so a bunch of us packed their apartment for snacks, drinks, and lots of baby stuff. Patty had a great idea for original guest contributions: she bought a bunch of plain onesies and gave people decals and paint to create unique designs for the baby. Some were really creative. The best one had a bunch of colored dots on the front and "Smartie Pants" on the bum in the back. Ahhhh... So cute!

After the shower (baby and rain), I went back home to watch a few episodes of 24. I went to bed early, Sunday was going to be a busy day.

And believe me, it was. I ran 20km (two-zero, that's two Sun Runs back-to-back), in about 2:45. This was not a race, but a chance to work our poor legs up to a distance reasonably similar to the race. Boy was I sore, and still am. That's a lot of running.

In the afternoon, Lara and I went to the Wellness show. Think home and garden, but for natural products, organic food, fitness accessories and trends... the whole works. Gerri was working at the show, demonstrating Thai massage and she gave us free tickets to check out the exhibit. We ate lots of samples (some very tasty, others just plain nasty), talked to a few vendors, found some natural personal care products we're probably going to try.

And that was my weekend. I'm not planning to go to bed late, as soon as I start reading I'll probably immediately fall asleep. I'm feeling this morning's run now and my walking around the entire afternoon. That's going to be a good night's sleep :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home