A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, March 02, 2006

More little pleasures

There's nothing nicer than catching up with my mom, my dad, my sister AND my brother over the phone. Well, OK, catching up in person would also be pretty terrific, but this comes in close second. I speak to mom and dad every week, Annie, at least once a month, but Marc and I don't really phone each other, so we had lots to chat about last night.

I recently finished reading a great book: Tuesday's with Morrie: And Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lessons, from Mitch Albom. The lessons are simple yet so true. And the author tells a story and stays away from the self-help style that makes so many books completely unreadable. If you want to read a book that will remind you about the truly important things in life, I recommend Tuesday's with Morrie.

Tonight, I came back home and had worked out, then was showered and having dinner by 6:30. It's lovely to be home early and have an entire evening ahead of me. Mind you I had to be at work at 7 this morning for a video call with our office in Bangalore, India, so I guess leaving work at 4:30 was quite reasonable.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home