A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Post #300

I'm not kidding, that's a pretty good stretch of periodical writing if you ask me. 300 posts to date, some crazy initiative that started in July 2004. I'm quite happy to keep the tradition alive :-)

I went for a long run this morning, the first since the half. I was planning to run around 14km, but changed the route half-way and ran 12km instead. It was pouring outside between 10 and 11:30, when I decided to step out. I don't mind running in the rain, it's the wind that I mind. I use this cool little mapping tool to figure out distances. I also tried using the heartrate monitor again, this time without any set limits. I'll do this for a few months to figure out my target rate, and then try to run within limits.

This afternoon, I saw Charles and Lara. We had tea and sweets, chatted about Charles' trip to Haiti where he will monitor the second round of elections and help with the reconstruction efforts. It's a big deal but a great opportunity for him as well. He's leaving on March 14 and will be gone for six months. This summer, Lara is probably going to visit him. It's just too much time to spend apart otherwise! And he'll probably need a bit of a vacation after all his hard work.

Gerri is also leaving, tonight, but for only one month (only!). She's off to Thailand, to further study Thai massage, spend some time meditating and cleansing, and lots of time on the beach. She does this kind of trip every year, last year, if I remember, she was in India for two months.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home