A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Let the sun shine

Wow! What a wonderful weekend this was!

Two sunny and warm(ish) days, three dinners with friends, lots of fresh air... A girl can't ask for much more.

Friday night was the dinner at Libby and Dan's, which I described in a previous post. It was so much fun! Then, on Saturday, I had an early meeting with the Strata council and a woman who could potentially become our new property manager. We have to get rid of the current company, it's unacceptable how little service we get from them. Then, I did a bit of cleaning, had lunch, and was about to go out for a long walk with my camera, but the batteries died after two pictures and I had to return home to see if I could get any replacements. While I was home, Raf called and asked if I was doing anything Saturday night. I didn't have any plans, so we decided on dinner and a movie. I was in a mood to cook and offered to make dinner instead of us going out. Now I needed groceries, both for Saturday and Sunday night, so instead of pursuing the photo-safari, I opted for a trip to IGA.

I made a stir-fry with turkey and chicked sausages, and it turned out really well. Raf was hungry, he had gone for a long run in the morning and built up quite the appetite. After dinner, we took the bus back to his place to take Macie for a short walk (Macie is Raf's puppie Beagle, she's a real cutie) and headed out to the movie theatre to see Syriana. It's a good movie, very dark, and a bit depressing when you relate what they show to reality (and realize that the worst parts are true).

On Sunday, again, the sun was shining outside. I woke up somewhat early and went for a short run after breakfast. This is the first time I ran without my jacket, it was even warm when I was facing the sun! Nice. I came back home for lunch and headed out again, this time with charged batteries in my camera. I walked around the seawall for two hours, soaking in the afternoon. You can see some of the pictures here. Pretty incredible if you think that we woke up to snow on Friday morning (actual snow on the ground, something quite unusual in Vancouver in March). Everyone was out enjoying the weather.

Then, I returned home, read a bit and then started preparing dinner for Charles and Lara. I made a beef stew on egg noddles, something meaty as Charles had requested. We had such a great dinner, wonderful food, good wine, that we forgot entirely about his promise to teach me the secrets to attracting men. Let's say that we had more important things to talk about. I'll miss Charles while he is away, but I'm sure he'll be back in no time.


Goodbye Charles, see you in six months! Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home