A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Foodies... so fashionable

I often read blogs from people who declare themselves "foodies" and wonder what the word really means. Foodies are everywhere, most of them are self-declared and all are obsessed with food. Well, not just food, but celebrity chefs, the Food Network and an entire industry that is more than happy to cater to this obsession with accessories, books, and pre-packaged ingredients.

I'm not a foodie. I enjoy food and cooking, but mainly as a catalyst for the company of others. I can appreciate a delicious meal presented neatly on little tapas plates and enhanced by the vibrant atmosphere of a trendy restaurant. However, I'm just as happy making a hearty stew and inviting a few friends over for dinner. Presentation be damned! I don't care whatsoever about celebrity chefs, and, well, without TV, never watch the Food Network. My favorite recipes are also those that take less than 30 minutes to prepare and require ingredients that I can easily purchase at the Sunshine Market.

This said, I'm off to see Lara who is preparing a Filipino soup of some sort. Yum!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home