A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Well-deserved long weekend

It's Thursday night and I feel like I've filled the past few days with many initiatives, concerns, and activities. I'm happy to sleep in a bit tomorrow.

The week at work has been busy. I'm trying to see if I can redefine my role to make it more interesting for me to remain with the company for a little longer. It's a real challenge, but in a strangely rewarding way. I think a few teams are interested in keeping me around, everyone of them with different ideas, goals, and offers. What I'm not sure at this point is who will decide. Will it be strongly hinted where I should focus my attention, or will I be presented with a choice. I expect the next few weeks to bring answers.

Then, in addition to the mysteries at work, I've been dealing with Strata business, pushing forward to replace our existing management company. I think we're getting close, but nothing is decided quickly when a Strata is involved. This weekend I have to prepare a letter to invite the owners to a Special General Meeting, where we will decide to go ahead with the change or not. Council does not have the authority to make this decision. I'm hoping to have this business addressed before I return to school in September, as I will not be able to devote any attention to much else besides work and studies.

I've also spent a few busy evenings. On Tuesday, I had a lovely dinner with Gerri and Lara. Gerri was telling us about her recent trip to Thailand and Lara saying how much she misses Charles. We had a tasty Indian meal, all vegetarian, with a wonderful home-made daal. On Wednesday, I went for another level 2 salsa class. With my Friday class, I have the option of also attending Wednesday classes for free. The opportunity of getting more practice in was more than welcome. The open session afterwards gave me the chance to dance with some very talented leads. I think I'm slowly getting the gist of following, at least when the signals are clear. It actually requires to completely let go of your thoughts, to only keep moving, 1,2,3... 5,6,7... I'm really enjoying these classes!

And tonight, a Council meeting with yet another property manager. After I phoned the general manager of our current company, I think he fired our existing property manager and then sent us a brand-new hire. Poor guy, we were discussing leaving the company and he was just starting his first day! We told him not to take it personally.

Now, I'm off to bed. I have lots of stuff to do this weekend, my taxes, more resume work, Strata letters... Lara and I are renting a car and driving to Whistler on Saturday. Unfortunately, the weather looks pretty disappointing for the long weekend. Cold, rain, wind. Maybe a good idea to spend most of it on paperwork.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home