A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Am I a believer?

Mom wrote me an e-mail today asking if everything was all right. She said that my last blog update dated back to Thursday, I guess I have to keep up the writing now that family and friends read the posts on a regular basis.

I have been a bit under the weather since my dry cough has returned. Yes, coughing again. Sunday night was pretty bad, didn't get much sleep, so last night, I decided to take some codeine syrup before going to bed. Well, that didn't help whatsoever. I was up every single hour, hacking away. This morning, I almost didn't go to work. It was a long day.

Then I remembered this e-mail I received from Lara over the weekend. We watched a movie on Saturday and as she noticed that I started coughing again, she wrote me a message later that day to encourage me to think of other alternatives for treating this nagging cough. She recommended I visit the naturopath at Choices Market, apparently, this lady was very good. Maybe I would find a treatment that would actually work.

So, I decided to give it a try. I left work a bit early, then headed over to Choices and asked for some help with natural cough remedies. The lady pointed me to a product called Cough Complex, from Nova Homeopathic Natural Remedies. She also explained how to use it to get the most out of it. Instead of following the dosage, I should use the rapid fire method. When I get a tickle or itch in the back of my throat, I take one dose (12 drops). Then, five minutes later, another dose. Then, again, five minutes later another dose. This should prevent me from coughing which, in turn, irritates my throat and makes me cough even more.

So, this is what I'm trying tonight. I already pulled the firing squad twice and it does seem to quiet the cough for a little while. But the real test is tonight, will I be able to sleep more than one hour at the time without breaking into a nasty spell of coughing?

Am I a believer?

Other recent news from my little place in the world: I almost reached the 50% mark on my fundraising efforts for The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. Thanks to everyone who has donated so far! Keep 'em coming!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home