A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fitting the pieces of the puzzle

My last three days were spent in a workshop on sustainability reporting, stakeholder engagements and assurance. After reading about these topics all semester for my project, my head was filled with disconnected concepts and my own interpretation of what all the theory meant. After the workshop, the pieces of the puzzle are finally fitting together and I was able to learn about real-life applications of these concepts. Nothing short of impressive.

Now, I get to digest all this new information and review a few sections in my project report. My lack of experience made me connect dots too quickly and state grand conclusions that are not as black and white as I initially thought. My project report will be available online after it's been verified and approved, and will be searchable like so many other academic papers. The workshop has increased my confidence in what I am about to publish: it might actually be sound and useful information :-)

I'm enjoying the cold snap in Vancouver. We've seen ground frost every morning and the temperature never increases over two-digits. I prefer this to rain, although if you ask me to pick between -20 and rain, I'll probably vote for the wet weather. The cooler temperatures mean that we've received quite a bit of snow on the mountains. Whistler is already open. I'll see if I can manage a ski trip once the semester is over, it would be nice to play in the snow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home