A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm only a few hours away from a turkey dinner at my colleague Nathalie's place. Since Nat lives far ($30 taxi ride from the closest Skytrain station), I rented a car today. This also allowed me to do some grocery shopping, the timing was perfect since my fridge was empty. Since it's cold and rainy outside, I'm also in the mood to cook stews and soups. Yum.

Now, I had a car reserved at National at 10 a.m. this morning and I was not happy to learn that I would have to wait for cars to be sent from the airport 'cause they had none left. Apparently, car rental companies are like airlines, they overbook, even during busy weekends. Except that this weekend, not many people cancelled. I only got my car at 11:30, but at least they changed my one-day rental fee from $35 to $25.

I posted a few pictures from Anaïs' wedding, none with me unfortunately. I didn't take many pictures, my brother was also there and he has a really good camera. I figured he would take tons anyways. Only problem is that we might not see them for a little while, he had a trip out of town from Monday to Wednesday, was finishing his packing on Thursday and moving into his new condo yesterday. I hope everything went well and that the place was ready.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home