A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, September 03, 2007

Seven reasons why I know I'm ready for the fall

Oh, don't give me that look, you know it's coming. People are hanging on so dearly to the last few days of summer while I'm marching decisively ahead towards the shorter and cooler days. Here are seven reasons that tell me I'm totally ready to embrace the fall.
  1. The plants outside want to be put out of their misery anyways. I didn't take care of what was growing on my balcony all summer and it shows.
  2. I don't have any summer clothes and never went shopping for some when the summer started.
  3. I'm excited at the idea of spending an afternoon preparing stews and soups.
  4. Back to the climbing gym, finally. Cliffhanger is also opening a bigger, new location later this year. Woot!
  5. Everyone's back from vacation and wants to organize dinners and parties to catch up.
  6. I downloaded several articles and reports to read this week for my final MBA project. No courses this semester, but an ambitious strategic analysis to complete by early December.
  7. I'm as dark as I will ever get anyways. I know, I have no tan whatsoever. What's your point?

I will miss a few summer activities though, especially volleyball on Wednesdays and BBQs at my place. Oh wait, I forgot, I can BBQ year-round in Vancouver.

:-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally hear you -- the summer was great, but am ready & excited for the fall. I love the hum and energy of everyone piling back into the city, of schools and work projects starting, of sweaters and socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home