A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Get with the program

Winter in Vancouver is a rough season for shoes and boots. I should know, all my footwear has sprung a leak at one point or the other. Then you let them dry, spray them with a sealant and maybe your feet will remain dry for a few more weeks.

This winter, I decided that I've had enough of wet feet. I went out yesterday and bought two pairs of waterproof boots. The first is more like a shoe, it's something I can wear on long walks in the rain from Clarks. My pair is dark brown, not black. The second pair is more for work and going out. They are knee-high boots from Elle (yes, same as the magazine) in waterproof leather. I bought a pair in brown, since I already have knee-high boots in black.

I'm also going to purchase a water-repellent solution that I can use to treat my Kanuk. It was always water resistant, but after five years, it doesn't stay as dry. It needs a good cleaning first, then a water-repellent treatment. The products are sold at MEC.

Bring it on!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home