A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sore

I love long weekends, especially when I had completely forgotten about the extra day off. On Tuesday, I watched the hockey game (Vancouver-Calgary? "watch" is a very strong word, more like "glanced at") and had dinner with friends. Stephanie asked if I had any plans for the long weekend. My answer was "long weekend, what long weekend?" I knew Easter was coming up, but I didn't add it up to getting Friday off. Sometimes, I think that's a bit sad ;)

Friday was beautiful. Warm and sunny, almost 20 degrees outside. I went for a long run before lunch, well, long for my poor legs that hadn't hit the pavement in a little while. Breathing was fine, knees and calf muscles not as much. It also didn't help that I went for a long walk on West 4th in the afternoon. Boy do I feel sore. But I did find what I was looking for: a fabulous pair of jeans. Shopping for jeans is just as hard as shopping for shoes. It takes a while to find a perfect pair that fits AND looks good.

So, what are my long-weekend plans? Well, I originally planned to have Lara, Gerri and Charles over for dinner tonight, but Lara is too busy studying herbs and has a big exam on Tuesday. OK, I can understand the crunch of the end of the semester. Instead, Gerri and I (and maybe Charles, once the Montreal-Toronto game is over) are eating out, hopefully at Vij's (I say hopefully because the place is always busy and doesn't take reservations). Then, we'll pretty much go with the flow, maybe head over to Yaletown somewhere for drinks. Scott and a few friends also said they would give me a shout if they head out, we'll go meet them somewhere.

Sunday will be a day to catch up with some work (yeah, yeah, spare me the lecture) so I can avoid 10-hour days next week. Sunday night, I'm meeting Rafael for a live show downtown. Can't remember the venue, but it sounded promising.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home