A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Exercise is good for you

Duh! you say... Yes, I know. But never have I felt the immediate benefit of exercising as I did on Monday. I was commuting back from work, after a pretty stressful day that ended around 6:15. As I was sitting on the bus, I could feel my heart racing. Racing! I felt terrible, the stress of the day had caught up with me, added to the stress of preparing for my exam on Tuesday. I arrived home shortly before 7 and decided to immediately change and head to the gym. I was tired, didn't feel like going, but I went anyway.

I did 35 minutes of cardio, a bit of weights, and lots of stretching. On my walk back home, that's when I felt the difference. I was relaxed, physically tired but mentally energized. I showered, had a light dinner, reviewed my notes, and went to bed. I slept like a baby.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home