A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bored

I'm bored. Bored of all this efficiency, this almost-perfect management of work-school life. The problem is, I know exactly what I'll be doing until about March 28. No surprises, no "days off", no time spent on silly or unproductive things. Except for a manicure/pedicure on March 16, 5:30 p.m. I even have to bring my laptop to Banff, I'll have a bit of homework to do.

See what I mean?

I guess I shouldn't complain, since having my weeks nicely planned out means I get everything done, usually well enough, without losing much sleep or turning to fast-food (does sushi count as fast food?). But it's boring. I miss weekend afternoons spent just strolling around the city, with no plan.

On a less boring topic, I have a meeting with the Director of the Career Management Center at school tomorrow morning. Apparently, he knows the President of the Globe Foundation and wants to see if we can start building a relationship with the Foundation towards my final project. Even though the final project is not expected to start until Spring 2008, I think it would be nice to have a chance to start some early research in September, when I have no classes. Environmental management and programs are all new to me, it wouldn't hurt to have enough time to understand the industry before writing about it ;) Last semester, when we had a get-together with all current and graduating MBA students, I spoke to a few people who had just finished their project. I didn't sense a lot of excitement, it sounded, in many cases, like they just wanted it to be over. I don't want my project to be like that. I want it to be a project I'm interested in, a project I feel proud to discuss with others.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home