A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring and cleaning

Why is it that these two words seem to go together? The rain (read between the lines: downpour) stops for a day and all I felt like doing was opening the windows to let fresh air in, preparing the planters on the balcony, getting rid of all the accumulated recycling, changing bedsheets, purging the bathroom cabinets of all kinds of products I didn't even know I had... Now that everything is spiffy and smells fresh, I feel like baking muffins and cooking a stew or something that will serve as lunch over the week. My fridge and shelves are full, I went grocery shopping with Lara yesterday.

Except that this week, I don't have to worry about not having enough time to prepare lunches, do laundry, etc. My classes are over until early May, and I only have one final assignment to hand in on Tuesday. Now that the semester is coming to an end, I can honestly say that the workload was just as heavy as during the fall semester, but the final rush was not as insane. Everything felt well-controlled and reasonable. Much better. Maybe I'm getting better at this ;)

Now, if I only had not decided to get a manicure and pedicure Friday after work with Gerri, everything would be perfect. I'm afraid spring cleaning does nothing good to polished nails.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home