A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mainly clothes and food

I visited EPIC this afternoon, the sustainable living expo held in Vancouver. A friend from school and I picked up free tickets for the expo, and when it's pouring outside, I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday. It was OK, mostly focus on organic food and organic/recycled clothing, which is nothing really new. There were the usual suspects, Capers, Toyota and their hybrid line, a couple of local publications, a few local organizations promoting sustainable living... I was hoping for many more green builders and green tech, something like a green condo development. One really cool product was these roof shingles made out of old tires, guaranteed for 50 years! That's twice the guarantee on a regular roof.

The expo was quite small, we spent about an hour in there and then headed out to Steamworks for a beer and something to eat. The place was packed, even at 3 p.m.! Some holiday was also prompting everyone to dress in green, go figure ;)

Now it's 7, I'll make myself dinner and start attacking one of my final assignments. Somehow, I don't feel like this end-of-semester is as crazy as the last one. No complaints, I guess I'm just waiting for the truckload of work to hit me and it hasn't. March 27 is the date we submit our last assignment, exams are already done... Not bad, not bad at all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home