A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Monday, April 30, 2007

A brain is a terrible thing to waste

I finally had the last of my three (was it four?) appointments to figure out if something was broken in my head. It took a while because apparently, MRI machines are in demand and have long waiting lists. I had my MRI two weeks ago. Now THAT wasn't going to be a test I could sleep through. I didn't have a problem being wrapped up with padding and headgear, and then stored away in a small tunnel for 45 minutes. I didn't have a problem with the noise (all kinds, depending on the scan) since they gave me earplugs. But I was the first scan of the day and that room is kept really cold. Even with the warming blanket, I was soon starting to feel cold and was trying really hard NOT to move. Thank goodness I kept my sox on.

Today, I saw my friendly neurologist who said nothing was wrong. Stop the meds, but keep them in case, and stop frettin' about everything. OK doctor. So my brain is not broken, it just loses a bolt now and then. No problem.

I'm happy that's over.

I filed my income taxes last night (oh, around 11 p.m., what a slacker!) and once again, I am surprised by the nice return that comes my way. Numbers looked good, must be all the tuition I paid last year. I am also considered to be in school full-time because of the number of courses I am taking. You have to take 60% of the max load to be considered full-time. I took three courses on five last semester, that's 60%. More refund please! Too bad all this is going back to pay tuition again.

I am hoping to go climbing tomorrow, but I can't find my partner. She left a message about not being able to go at noon yesterday, I called her back, left a message Saturday night and another one Sunday afternoon. I also e-mailed her today. I hope everything's fine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home