A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back to the West Coast

I made it pretty early to the airport in Montreal yesterday in anticipation of potential lineups due to increased security. The check-in was a lot longer than usual, go figure why people couldn't understand that you were not allowed to bring ANY liquids or gels on the airplane ("yes, mam, you have to put the wine bottles in your luggage or leave them with us"). Even after being told several time at check-in, you should see what security was still pulling out of people's bags: water bottles, booze, all kinds of personal care products...

I had a window seat on the airplane and nobody sitting beside me. Wonderful. I saw a thunderstorm over the Prairies (flashes of light all over the place) and at 30,000 ft, the skies were clear and you could see stars and a full moon (almost full?).

I think that my flight to Montreal was the first and last time I'll fly with cabin luggage only. If the new regulations stay, there's no way you can travel with only cabin luggage (unless you have no problem traveling without toothpaste, gel, moisturizer, and so on). It's unfortunate because you save at least 30 minutes not waiting for the luggage to be unloaded from the plane. I guess it's the new reality of the world we live in. At least, they didn't make me take off my shoes at security ;) I hope they'll allow sealed bottles again, otherwise, how am I going to bring Okanagan wine to my family for Christmas?

A few pictures from the trip are here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home