A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Top 30 before 32

This was waiting in my Inbox this morning, from a daily newsletter I receive called Vitamin V. Although I'm already past 30, I thought it would be fun to check what I've been up to these past (almost) 32 years:

Top 30 Things To Do Before You Turn 30
30. Learn to open a bottle of champagne.
> Easy. I would also add "and not send the cork flying through the room while half of the bottle is emptying out before you can even pour the first glass."
29. Make love with someone from another country, in another country.
> Nada on this one. Probably not going to happen in the next few weeks either ;)
28. Find your signature scent. Then change it every five years.
> I've been a Givenchy girl for probably five years now: Hot Couture. I still like it.
27. Go sailing.
> Nope, I assume this was meant to mean "on the open ocean".
26. Dye your hair.
> Check! With a strong preference for copper-like colors.
25. Throw a dinner party to celebrate the achievements of a friend.
> I can't say I've done this one specifically, but I have thrown dinner parties.
24. Jog around the lagoon in Central Park.
> Central Park NY? No. Stanley Park? Check!
23. Learn to recognize a lesser-known composer, like Franz Liszt.
> Check! I blame my five years of high-school for that (I was in a program specialized in classical music).
22. Go camping in the mountains with someone you trust.
> Check! Good times.
21. Learn to bake one thing really well. Like scones.
> Muffins? But I don't usually make them from scratch...
20. Buy a pair of designer shoes that you will wear for the rest of your life.
> If Anne Klein counts as a designer, Check! Otherwise, sorry.
19. Be the first to say "I love you."
> Check! A while ago.
18. Get your driver's license. But walk instead.
> Check!
17. Read Ann Patchett, not Ayn Rand.
> Since I don't know who these authors are, I'll say No.
16. Buy a beautiful piece of antique jewelry for yourself.
> I don't need to buy antique jewelry, I receive a few nice pieces from my grandmother.
15. Volunteer once a month for a year.
> I don't think I have volunteered regularly, but I have for more than one year.
14. Banish pigtails.
> Was never an issue.
13. Visit Paris.
> Done. May 2005.
12. Pay off your student loans.
> Was never an issue. In a few years from now though, we might be looking at a different story...
11. Go to the opera, even if it's a matinee.
> Check! Many times.
10. Visit a developing country and remind yourself how lucky you are.
> Not personally. But I did listen carefully to Lara's stories about Haiti.
9. Go on a blind date.
> Check! Not impressed.
8. Quit smoking. For real this time.
> Check! Over ten years ago.
7. Dance with someone at least twice your age.
> Maybe in salsa? Was there anyone over 60?
6. Throw away your high school and university papers and textbooks. You will never need them again.
> Check! Long time ago... moving three times in three years helps.
5. Buy a large book of amazing photography and open it to a different page every day.
> Check! But I look at photos online. Save the trees.
4. Set goals, don't make resolutions.
> Check for the goals, and I do make resolutions (and often keep them).
3. Catch a fish.
> Check! When I was a kid, with my dad.
2. Find the love of your life.
> Sorry... No luck here...
1. Make friends with your mother.
> I think so, long distance friends ;)

Labels: