A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Copyright

Last night, I was doing a bit of random blog browsing (look in the top right corner, there's a Next Blog button, you click it and surprise! you end up on some random blog hosted by Blogger). It is quite surprising what you can come across. Some bad (pretty bad actually), some boring for anyone else than the author and their family (maybe like this blog for anyone who doesn't care to read about my daily life), some with pretty pictures, some in languages that my browser has a hard time displaying.

But last night, I came across a blog where was posted a control to play a video from Gnarls Barkley's song Crazy. I don't know Gnarls, I don't know the song, but I click play anyways. Thing is, I now realize that I do know this song. It would automatically play every time I would visit Raf's blog for a week or so. Raf had posted a funny video about a kid grooving to this song (and singing along).

The video with the kid singing was annoying, but now that I was listening to the song (with the video that was intended to play along), I actually liked it. So, I searched for Gnarls Barkley on iTunes, find the album with the Crazy song, and start listening to the other songs. I really like his stuff. I buy the album.

Moral of the story: thanks to the copyright infringement of the blogger who posted the Crazy video on his personal site, Gnarls Barkley has one extra album sale.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home