A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Who needs a man when you can BBQ your own lamb?

Another pretty nice weekend coming to an end. Another weekend spent with girlfriends.

On Friday, my promotion was officially announced and I'm starting the new position on Monday. I think the transfer of knowledge went well, although I expect to be fielding questions for the next few months. A few colleagues were stepping out for a drink after work, so I decided to join them and celebrate this big step in my professional life. I didn't stay for very long because I already had plans to meet Lara for a movie at 7:30.

We saw An Inconvenient Truth, the movie about Al Gore's crusade to inform people about the mess we are in (global warming). I wasn't originally really hot about seeing this movie, I thought it would be depressing. It's obviously not a happy subject, but the premise is not about negativity, but forcing people to realize how much of an impact we have on the planet. And when you see charts plotting temperatures and C02 levels for the past 650,000 years where the past 50 (and next 50) years are way off the chart, you know we've been up to no good. I have to admire Al Gore's energy and conviction. If only he had been elected president...

Saturday was spent walking, for most of the day. I did another training walk with Typhanie and Joanne, two other members of my team for The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. We walked for over five hours and probably covered over 20km. Those walks are also very good for getting to know your teammates :-) In the evening, I met up with Gerri and we went out for drinks with some of her colleagues from the train. The gang was heading out to a party after the drinks, but I was so tired from all the walking and the sun that I left them and went to bed early, around midnight.

Today, I did some grocery shopping in the morning and bought a few nice pieces of lamb. I was in the mood for a BBQ. I called Lara and asked if she had any dinner plans. We walked to Granville Island to have an ice-tea while watching the boats float by, and also to buy some veggies for dinner. I marinated the lamb with Dijon, fresh rosemary (from the balcony), oil, salt and pepper. Lara marinated the veggies with oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt. Everything came out perfectly (except for the onions, didn't cook enough), especially the lamb. Yum! I'm really starting to figure out the BBQ ordeal, it's not that complicated ;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home