A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Caliente!

Vancouver, for a city that is right by the water, usually has dry summers. Today, I actually heard someone mention the dreaded "humidex" in the forecast. It's 29, but it feels like 35... That's nothing like Kelowna (in the Okanagan) where it's 35, but feels like 40 today.

Needless to say: I'm melting. I wanted to go to the pool, but the sun is very strong and I want to avoid burning. I'll have to go for a stroll along the seawall tonight, to cool down.

This is a quiet weekend for me. Lara is in Montreal, Gerri is on the train, a few other friends have official "functions" (weddings, staggets, showers). I'm going to enjoy a bit of reading, maybe some salsa outdoors tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully a run in the morning, before the temperature turns unbearable. I'm going to sign up for the Fall Classic again this year, but I'll run the half marathon, not the 10k. Training starts tomorrow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, we were just talking about how we'd be signing up for the Fall Classic half-m, too. We should go for a training run some time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home