A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, July 23, 2006

First long Sunday run in a while... very slow

It didn't help that the temperature was quite high, even early in the morning. In the shade, I was doing OK, but as soon as I hit the sunny areas, I had to slow down.

It was a beautiful run though. And memorable. Shortly after I ran under the Burrard bridge, going towards Kits beach, I saw a bald eagle attacking a crow. I know there's a nest in the area, you often hear screeching. I guess the crow had been a pest and was flying too close to the nest. It didn't take long for the eagle to kill the crow, but not before the bugger cried for help. In a few seconds, the eagle was swarmed by an flock of crows. Then, I felt something fly right above me, another eagle, this one all black. I'm thinking that must be the baby, he doesn't have his white head yet. All this was happening only a few feet away from me, as I stopped running to admire the beautiful bald eagles. The eagle eventually flew away with his kill, surrounded by very noisy and angry crows.


Oh, and on the way back, I saw two seals pop their heads out of the water in the harbor.

Who needs the Discovery channel when you live in Vancouver!

I spent a few hours this afternoon at the outdoors salsa event, at Robson Square. It was great, in the shade, with a bit of a breeze, it only got really hot after dancing a few quick-paced songs. Great idea, free salsa in the downtown core on Sunday afternoons!


Sunset Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home