A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bad idea

Partying like it is 1999 seemed like a great on Saturday. However, I'm paying the price this week. I started with my sleep patterns a bit confused (i.e. lack of), then hit the ground running as we are releasing tomorrow. No matter how prepared you think you are, every release I've ever worked on was always a mix of panic and long hours. There has to be a better way...

Added to the release frenzy are all the questions I am fielding from the documentation team as they are absorbing my former workload and from the product team as they are working on high-level design for our next release. Everyone pretty much knows I'm on vacation next week, so I'm booked solid until Friday 1 p.m., at which time I'm running out of the office, grabbing my suitcase at home and then heading out to the airport.

As soon as I possibly can, I personally plan to sit in one of the floating chairs we have at the cabin, a drink in hand, and pass out. Until I turn all pruny or the mosquitoes find me.

Yes, I'm off to Montreal to visit the family for a week. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home