A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Overcooked pasta and pudding

I dream of eating solid foods again. Two days after the wisdom teeth removal, the most solid I can handle is overcooked pasta and scrambled eggs. Not a very exciting diet. And pudding seemed like a treat at the beginning, now, it's just too sweet.

On Saturday, I unfortunately missed my cooking class. First, I wasn't going to be able to eat anything we were preparing and second, the meds I am taking are upsetting my stomach so the idea of preparing and smelling food for three hours did not seem appealing whatsoever. So I slept in late, until noon. Maybe I was also really tired. In the afternoon, I went to get my hair done, highlights, lowlights, a cut... three hours later, I was quite pleased with the result. Melissa (my hairdresser) chose some really nice colors. New shades just in time for the holidays. After the hair appointment, I went to see Tucker's new TV: an HDTV-ready 26" flat screen from Toshiba. He is quite pleased with his purchase! Then, we headed out to Jenn and Denn's for dinner. Tucker had told them I could only eat soup, so Jenn made this yummy veggie veloute. How sweet of her. We then played euchre, a card game apparently really popular in Ontario. I had never played, but a few open hands and lots of explaining later, I could manage to follow the game.

Today, we had a brunch with Tucker's mom and his step-family. Great :-) The only items on the menu that I could manage were omelets and smoothies. It's too bad, the hotel where we usually go for brunches has a really nice buffet. Then, a little bit of Christmas shopping but not for very long. I must have had too many smoothies because my left jaw was just killing me. We went back home early, I took my pills and a nap, felt a bit better for dinner. I was adventurous tonight, I had Kraft dinner and canned smoked salmon. Beats another bowl of soup ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home